Friday, February 13, 2009

Shibori Jacket



I have just (finally) finished my Shibori velvet jacket. I dyed the silk/viscose velved using shibori stitching and tying and synthetic indigo about a year ago, as part of my Creative Computing City & Guilds course. I also dyed some silk habutai for lining in the same vat, using a twist resist method.

I used Vogue 1328 (discontinued), an Issey Miyake pattern, to make this unstructured jacket. I have used this pattern twice in the past, and am very happy with the way it drapes and is comfortable to wear.

Here are some pictures of the shibori patterning and of the lining.




1 comment:

Imogen said...

I've just found this blog (I'm mooching on the web because work has gone ghostly quiet this sunny Friday afternoon - and a good thing too as it has been a hectic week up till now) and I just wanted to say I love the jacket in this post and the one you are wearing in your profile picture.
You inspire me to do more needlework of my own...
Imogen.