Thursday, June 04, 2009

Catching up


I have a few items that I have made over the last 2 months, but have been too busy to post pictures.

First, a felted bag in Plymouth Boku. I knit in the round from the top down and cast off at the bottom with a 3 needle cast off. The strap is an I-cord knitted on two double pointed needles. I felted it in a lingerie bag in my front loading machine on 60degrees wash.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out.





This is a jacket I made from silk dupion that I dyed with procion thickened with manutex, which gave a lovely cloudy effect. I adapted a Burda pattern to make it larger and longer. I used a large mother-of-pearl button.




Finally, an asymmetric knit jacket in Noro Blossom. I designed this jacket from scratch using the Garment Designer software program. The jacket is knit sideways to make the striping vertical. I used a mother of pearl button dyed purple, tied on with 3 strands of yarn left in a long tassel.

In this photo the sleeves are a bit too long - I have shortened them since.

No comments: