Monday, January 25, 2010

silk/linen knit tunic

A tunic made by combining the two Marcy Tilto patterns used for the turquoise tops poated a few days ago. It looks rather boring in the photo, but the fabric is a subtle tweedy colour seen close up.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Drapy waistcoats

Two waistcoats wih drapy fronts. The brown (rose?) one is from a Marcy Tilton jacket without the sleeves, the green one from the Japanese Unique Clothes My Style book.






Friday, January 22, 2010

Silk tops

Two silk crepe de chine tops. The yellow one is the Sewing Workshop Shapes Plus One Tunic, and the green one another example of the Tessuti Favourite Top from my previous post.



Tuesday, January 19, 2010

teeshirts

The two turquoise teeshirts are from Marcy Tilton (Vogue) patterns. The first pink one is a Sewing Workshop pattern inspired by Miyake (Teagarden T), the other is the Favourite Top from the Tessuti blog.




Monday, January 18, 2010

Sirdar Peru cardigan

Cardigan knitted in Sirdar Peru. For a change, I made a pattern in the recommended yarn, however I did need to adjust the size, so it wasn't totally straightforward.

I finished it on Christmas Day, so it came in handy to keep me warm during the snowy weather.








Alpaca socks


Some alpaca socks (toe up, short row heel) made during a coach trip in Spain.

Crochet scarf & wristwarmers

As I was scheduled to teach a beginners crochet class, I made a crochet scarf to use as a demonstration piece, and with the leftover yarn I made a pair of wristwarmers.

Catching up 2

A feather and fan knitted 'shawl with sleeves', based very loosely on Jane Thorney's Ripenings Shrug.
I used a 'magic ball' of about 20 different yarns, the colourway was inspired by mother-of-pearl.

Catching up 1

I have been knitting and sewing since my last post, but I have been lazy about taking pictures and loading them. I'll start with another frankenstein teeshirt. I look a bit fed-up but I'm actually happy with the garment. The teeshirt with the stars printed on it had shoulder frills, and one of these became the collar. The plain one has a small loop at the hem, so I put a sliver of starry fabric through it, and used the waist ties to make a neck closure.