Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Knitting Needle Tip Storage

Recovered post, originally posted 9 January 2015

I have some Pony bamboo interchangeable circular needles. They come in 2 attachment sizes, brass and black painted. I like them because they have good pointy tips, and feel nice in my hand. Also they are easy to get hold of and are a good price. I find the joins are reasonably smooth, and they don't come undone easily when in use.
I decided I needed some kind of storage for them, and when I was in the stationery store I noticed some wetsuit fabric pencil cases. Great, I thought, I don't need to make the complete bag, just adapt these. I bought 2, one in pink and and one in blue. 
I sewed some dividing lines to make pockets for pairs of tips, with a wider pocket for the cables at the end where the zipper pull sits when opened. I also made some horizontal pockets above the zip for the cable joiners and end stops. The brass ones are in the pink, the black painted ones are in the blue.



No comments: