Monday, March 23, 2015

Me Made Monday

Recovered post - originally posted 17 November 2014


Pattern Review is running a "Me Made Mondays" event until the end of the year. Since I am usually wearing something me made most days, I thought I would tag my pictures accordingly.
Today I'm wearing Marcy Tilton's Vogue pattern 8430 in brown boiled wool. The fabric had some fade marks that I only noticed after making the garment up, so I stitched the left lapel and right cuff with space-dyed embroidery floss.
Under this I have on a pair of brown corduroy elastic waist trousers made from my self drafted pattern - I must have made at least 40 pairs using this pattern by now. Just about every pair in my wardrobe is made from this pattern, and I can knock a pair out in about 3-4 hours. I really should look at modifying it or combining it with some commercial patterns with more adventurous styling.
On top I'm wearing a brown viscose knit t-shirt that combines features from 2 patterns. The body shape is one I adapted from Vogue 8497, but widened at the hip and with a shark bite hemline. The neckline is also taken from this pattern but I used the neck band treatment from Vogue 8582 to give a more interesting edge.
I also stringed the freshwater pearl necklace and matching earrings.

No comments: