Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Me made outfit

Recovered post, originally posted on 14 November 2014

This is the outfit I wore to the family gathering we attended the other weekend. I made the tunic and slip, the trousers were thrifted.
The slip is essentially the pillowcase dress with an a-line shape cut from bias fabric. I made a bias tube for this, hence the diagonal seams that are visible. The straps are made from ribbon threaded through the top casing.
The tunic is even simpler, it consists of two rectangles the full width of the fabric, and the finished tunic length. I finished all the edges, then joined the rectangles on 3 sides leaving openings for my head and hands.
I also made the earrings to match a thrifted necklace, and I made the extension piece to make the necklace longer.

No comments: