It is a very busy time for alterations, but this weekend I managed to make something for myself - a sewing machine cover.
I have been covering my machine with a plastic cover when it is not in use, but it was becoming rather torn and tatty. I previously sorted out some blue and yellow quilting fabrics to make a cover, and I finally got around to making it up. I incorporated some random patchwork I had made in a workshop years ago, and bulked it out with strips of various widths, using the quilt as you go method.
I finished the inside seams with the overlocker, and bound the bottom edge with pre-made bias binding - the photographs were taken before I applied this, it adds a narrow pale blue band around the bottom edge.
Update - to add better photos, pressed and with binding.