Monday, November 16, 2015

Tight sleeved wedding dress

When this dress arrived, the bride was alarmed to find she couldn't easily fit her arms into the sleeves, and when they were forced on, she couldn't raise them. I have added gussets to provide extra width, and to allow more movement. Luckily, the skirt needed to be shortened so I could use the fabric. I still have to sew on some lace motifs to blend the added fabric in.

Once her arms were comfortably in the dress, we discovered the back was too high and wide at the neckline. I made a tuck at the bottom of the illusion panel,

and moved the (shortened) covered boning and the button loops over at the top. Now I have to sew on the buttons.

 

 

No comments: